A hotel in Otepää See all projects

Villa Jacoby - the best renovated monument in the Old Town in 2014

Sales info: Anna Roostar
Read more
Call: +372 5660 2024

Villa Jacoby - the best renovated monument in the Old Town in 2014

INTRODUCTION

Up

Villa Jacoby on Toompea hill has been built in 1923 and is under heritage conservation.

To leave enough air space in the triangular plot, the house has been shifted to the external edge as much as possible.
The architecture had several references to the Old Town, incl. white-washed roof ridges and Baroque door hinges. Initially, a late Medieval lintel stone internal portal had been walled to the pergola internal wall with the owner’s family signs and the year number 1596. By now, this detail has been moved to Tallinn City Museum. In the Soviet period, the building had joint apartments; since 2000 and until 2011 it has been the office of the Patriotic League Isamaaliit.

MORE ABOUT THE HOUSE

Up

The building’s main plan is classical and has a professional solution. On the lower floor, there is a kitchen that faces the street traffic; on the garden side, a living and dining room with a modern fireplace. The living and dining room are located a couple of steps lower than the rest of the first floor, to achieve the height characteristic to a representative room and to ensure proceeding to the terrace without a step. The terrace provides immediate connection with nature. On the second floor, there are two bedrooms and a cabinet-library. In one bedroom, a nice furnace has been preserved.
There are wall closets in all edges under the roof.

The current owners have renovated the luxurious single family dwelling with great care and love. For this tense work and very successful result, Tallinn city has awarded them with a diploma for the best restored monument in the Old Town in 2014.
The architectural solution was developed by Enn Rajasaare, design by Pille Lausmäe.

High-quality materials have been used in renovation.

The top floor is now used as a private area for children. The surface has been almost symmetrically divided into a playing room and bedroom. There is also own bathroom.

I would like to turn your attention to the second floor’s fairy-tale like bathroom with a window, where you can also watch TV.

The house’s gates have been created by smith Heigo Jelle.

On the order of the house’s current owner, sculptor Kalle Pruuden designed a modern metal frame roe deer to the garden, following Jaan Koort’s famous roe deer. This harmonises well with the garden furniture of metal frame and the barbecue pan.

On the basement floor, there is a recreation room with own cinema system and a fireplace. It is good to host guests here as well, as the acoustic insulation is good and there is also a separate entrance. Otherwise, the house has three entrances! On the same floor, there is also a sauna, a washing kitchen, a technical room and a storeroom.

The house has joint ventilation and music system.

There is parking space for two cars in the house’s yard.

The furniture visible on the photos is within the price!

Detailed information:

Number of rooms: 5
General surface: 255.40 m²
size of the registered immovable: 405.00 m²
Number of floors: 3
Year of construction: 1923
Building’s structure type: stone
Heating: local central heating, furnace

HISTORY

Up

Wismari 11 is a private house that the well-known Baltic German architect Erich Jacoby designed for himself. The building’s initial project was completed in 1923; the final project and building were finished in 1924.

The architectural solution follows from the conservativism in the 1920s that follows above all from the German heima-architecture and 17th and 18th century Baroque in case of Erich Jacoby. The building has a square-shaped main plan, a gable roof and small windows.

On the first floor, there were a hallway, kitchen and a big living room that opened to the terrace designed as a pergola. Bedrooms were located on the second floor. The architecture had several references to the Old Town, incl. white-washed roof edges, Baroque door hinges; initially, a late Medieval lintel stone internal portal had been walled to the pergola internal wall with the owner’s family signs and the year number 1596. By now, this detail has been moved to Tallinn City Museum. In the Soviet period, the building had joint apartments; since 2000 and until 2011 it has been the office of the Patriotic League Isamaaliit.

 

Location

Up
City Tallinn
District Kesklinn
Street Wismari
House no. 11
the best renovated monument in the Old Town in 2014
EST ENG RUS
Menu